PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Employment conditions in GA
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2018, 06:13
dabz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's pretty simple really, supply and demand.

As you enter your first flying job in GA(not an easy thing to do for some, I had to pour beers at the local pub for 6 months before getting a sniff at my first flying job) you will have 0 experience.
Having 0 experience means you are expendable because the company has but to only shake a tree and your replacement will fall out. There is literately a line out the door of pilots ready to take your job when you stuff up or kick up a fuss about your conditions.
Also some GA operators would rather get rid of you and have the planes stay on the ground for a while till they replace you than deal with your BS, it would just be easier for them.
As I was told when I first started "if you don't like the conditions, there's the road..." and it was like that. People put up with poor slave conditions till you get enough experience to move on. The more experience you get, the less expendable you are.. hence the better conditions you get.

You can jump up and down about the conditions to the union or fair work Australia or even to your mommy and all that will happen is you will be out of a job but this time you'll have that reputation as a whistle blower and then nobody will hire you.

Last edited by dabz; 18th Jul 2018 at 08:18.