PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spitfire
Thread: Spitfire
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2018, 20:32
David Thompson

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Danny42C
Going to the "Showcase", Teesside Park to see it tonight (last "Flick" I went to was "Sound of Music" !). Hope to enjoy (but £18.60 for an OAP plus minder a bit steep, IMHO.. Hope RAF Benevolent Fund gets a few crumbs.
Danny42C , I went to Teesside Park for the 14:00 showing , £8-20 and well worth every penny . If I'd have known you were going tonight I would have gladly gone along and paid for you both as my thanks for your past endeavours .

Thoroughly enjoyed the film , very well put together and the flying sequences with the recently re-built Spitfires and Hurricane were both superbly photographed and choreographed . The veterans were as much the stars as the aircraft and I thought that the recollections of the recently passed Tom Neil were so free flowing and lucid that the intervening 70 years or so had clearly not dimmed his memory .

The film goes on selected general release on the 20 July and will be released on DVD on the 10 September , more details from www.spitfire.film . It is a must see , even more so than The Sound Of Music !