PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2018, 17:11
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45
He said it's not performing to expectations he didn't say it was under performing
erm, is it not the same thing? not performing to expectations = under performing from the expectations set. Your arguing a technicality.

It depends what those expectations are and so what if fares are cheaper than at other UK airports? It's the yield that counts.
yes, it is yield that counts, and do you honestly think said yield wouldn’t be stellar if fares are up to 50% cheaper than other U.K. regionals?

Is the route being subsidised? The Welsh government has a marketing deal with Qatar Airways yes but no one knows what the deal entails so people are just asuming they are subsidising the route
come on, it’s being subsidised. It’s a government entity (Wales) and a government entity (Qatar) in partnership. It’s being subsidised. No routes to a lot of EU capitals, no flights to long haul hotspots like Orlando and the Caribbean’s, but there is a route to Doha. What do you thinks happening?

because the reality is people especially on this forum don't seem to be supportive of this route because i get the feeling in their view an airport like Cardiff shouldn't have a route like this.
where have I, or anyone, said this. I’m merely questioning how an article with a quote from an airline CEO saying the route isn’t meeting expectations is seen a source nothing but a good thing?

It's early days for the route and only time will tell how it gets on and if Cardiff loses the route then i'm sure plenty of people on here will be quite happy about it.
Yes that’s exactly the crux of what people are talking about, they all want to know when they can go and buy their party hats. Let’s not argue the points, let’s just put words in people’s mouths instead.