PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS, facts and fantasies
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2003, 09:56
ulm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way I see this is, NAS is good for VFR aircraft, makes airspace easier to use and that must equate to safety. The system works in the US and the differences are not that great.

A few regional pilots and the ATC union don't like it. Makes the regional pilots jobs a little harder (well, means they will need to adapt to a little change) and means possibly less 'C' controllers so CivilAir scream the sky is falling. What emotive rubbish!

If NAS saves the industry money it is a good thing. If NAS even starts Australia down the road to a healthier GA it is a great thing.

RPT have it all their own way in Aust, they have got used to it and believe it is their right. Well it isn't. Airspace is a national asset, it isn't just there for RPT. Priority is just one way RPT have convinced government they are somehow 'special'. I'd like to see this concept dissapear with NAS!!!

AOPA is representing its members so one or two ATC get abusive. Then they have the gall to suggest someone else is playing the man. What a joke.

Well guys, grow up a tad. Your union (dishonestly I think) represented your position. To expect AOPA to do other than represent its members is niave.

For those that think AOPA can't influence NAS, you obviously have missed much radio, TV and newspapers lately. I have seen three different AOPA people doing a d@mn good job dispelling the CivilAir rubbish we saw last week.

For those of you who think AOPA can't influence Government, ask CASA what Part 47 is (was!!!!). The pilot / political staffer who had that disallowed in the Senate is now on the AOPA Committee

So I'd suggest that those of you who are prepared to put up a rational argument make contact with the AOPA people who post here and put your case.

Chuck