PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS, facts and fantasies
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2003, 09:04
Shitsu-Tonka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gaunty:

You said:

Enroute Class C will generally change to enroute Class E, providing separation services for IFR flights, but allowing improved access for VFR flights, which must carry a transponder in Class E.
Precisely my point. On desc thru Class E until 9000 or 30NM to Arr AD at 320 KIAS 'see and avoid' with unknown traffic on another frequency - who hopefully remembered to turn the TXPDR on. Why has it been left to the professional bodies to bring this to media attention? You are going to tell me this is NOT a degradation in the hazard ID of the airspace? seriously? Arent airlines talking to their insurance companies?

Snarek:

A few incompetent ATC think their jobs will be on the line (makes sense, less airspace so can the union whingers) and a few regional jocks think they will actually have to fly a proper pattern.
I thought maybe you had got over this. You will not get support that way. It has been clearly shown that this will increase the required ATC numbers (re-read all the threads).

You would be better providing evidence that you have a grasp of all the issues and effects rather than playing the man.