PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OPTING OUT OF MEDICAL RECORDS
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2018, 02:06
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by dhavillandpilot
I'm amazed with all the paranoia that goes on this site, this topic hasn't been raised.

From today you have three months to opt out of having your medical records accessible by any medical practitioner through the government medical records site. That includes the good people at AVMED.

Just image this scenario. Your family medical history has a branch of the family that has heart issues. YOU HOWEVER DONT. Just to be on the safe side your local doctor, not your DAME decides to action some tests, not because you are unhealthy but simply you've turn 60.

Nothing is found and both you and your doctor feel the box has been ticked.

Now enter AVMED, you need to do a medical, the good people at AVMED just in the interest in safety, decide to look at your online history. They see the heart test and bingo, sorry no renewal until we have assessed the results. Oh and by the way go and get a $1,000's worth of test just to be sure.

DONT THINK IT WONT HAPPEN. GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS DO SIMILAR ACTIONS EVERY DAY!!!!!

I for one opted out, not because I have anything to hide, it is just I DONT TRUST THE B*****STS

What are the rest of you going to do?
Wow appreciate the heads up.