PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carlisle-2
Thread: Carlisle-2
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2018, 08:50
mabmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The interview with Andrew Tinkler does not give us any new insight into the issues. It is disappointing that the story that ATC shortages have delayed the opening is still being peddled. Whilst the problem of approach controllers did have an impact on scheduled services being available, I understand that the newly-employed controllers have been undergoing training at Southend. The real issue that Stobarts do not want to speak about is that the airport is still closed to all fixed wing aviation, including GA which does not require the same level of ATC control, because the CAA, who have been visiting weekly, are still dissatisfied with the works and have refused to sign them off and certify the airport as fit for operations until remedial work is completed.
For the life of me I do not understand why Stobarts have not come clean about the remedial work required. I'm sure that most of us would have been sympathetic as we have all been there with major projects. As it is, the subterfuge has just left a bad taste and encouraged a lack of trust in Stobarts as an organisation. Coming after a total lack of engagement with stakeholders and a string of broken promises with regard to when the airport would reopen to GA (anyone remember in November when we were told 19 would be available in February?) this has all sowed doubts as to whether they are trustworthy and have real intentions to operate a sustainable operation.