PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Emergency Dublin -Zadar
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2018, 14:02
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
Is any of that relevant to Friday's incident ?
That'll be for others to establish, won't it? Nevertheless I think we can safely take a punt and say that the particular base or overnighting pattern will be unique to this airframe. Ryanair has some 90 "bases" now I believe. Not been to Zadar myself for a few years but I remember it was quite a small airport. I read it became a Ryanair base 5 years ago, and it currently serves Ryanair routes to 16 destinations I believe - mostly in the summer I guess. Naturally, it is not one of the handful or so of Ryanair heavy maintenance bases like Stansted, or like Hahn. I don't know whether its is still true generally that just one Ryanair airframe overnights at Zadar, and one local firm arrives on airport and checks it late each night. I can however see that EI-DWF was based there continuously for the first three weeks in June for example, and EI-ENT for the last two weeks of May, and others this summer may have filled in and only have been "based" there for an odd night or two. The aircraft which may have been used to relieve beleaguered pax from Hahn to Zadar overnighted in Zadar, squeezed in four more sectors yesterday after first arriving at Zadar, and has been away doing three more today so far.
Originally Posted by Ryanair-FY2017-Annual-Report.pdf (p.76)
Maintenance and repair services that may become necessary while an aircraft is located at some of the other airports served by Ryanair are provided by other EASA Part 145-approved contract maintenance providers. Aircraft return each evening to Ryanair’s bases, where they are examined by either Ryanair’s approved personnel or by local EASA Part 145-approved companies.
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
Do Ryanair's other 400-odd B738s that haven't experienced a sudden decompression not have similar utilisation ?
Haven't dismissed that general premise, but common utilisation patterns are one thing, and the specifics of a particular airframe's recent history are quite another, surely?