PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why all the hate for Part 61?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2018, 02:03
georgeeipi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mach E Avelli
I have not got it in front of me, but I recall checking the approval certificate hanging on the wall at the old Ansett King Air Level B simulator before doing a recent IR MEA.
It is approved for all IR MEA renewal elements except circling approach. There is nothing to stop a pilot exercising the privileges of an Instrument Rating without holding a current circling approach approval, though in General Aviation this may be somewhat restrictive....
Does this help?
Hi Mach E Avelli, I understand that the operator's approval certificate will say what the sim can be used for. What I am looking for in the CASR or CAO etc is a statement that links the Level of Simulator or FTD with the credits. In the previous millennium there was such a statement. I am wondering where that statement has gone? And if it has been removed then on what basis does CASA make the approval?

Regarding the circling approach. That is an interesting one, because although the Instrument Rating requires flight test and proficiency check to include circling approaches if you want that privelage, the Private Instrument rating is completely silent about circling approaches. Does that mean that if you hold a PIFR you can use an approach down to the minimum and then circle around for a landing without having been tested or reviewed for such a manoeuvre?