PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why all the hate for Part 61?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2018, 00:53
Mach E Avelli

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts
I have not got it in front of me, but I recall checking the approval certificate hanging on the wall at the old Ansett King Air Level B simulator before doing a recent IR MEA.
It is approved for all IR MEA renewal elements except circling approach. There is nothing to stop a pilot exercising the privileges of an Instrument Rating without holding a current circling approach approval, though in General Aviation this may be somewhat restrictive.
This particular simulator is about as old and primitive as they get, though it does an excellent simulation of general and asymmetric handling. I believe most light twin pilots could benefit greatly from a few hours in this thing instead of kidding themselves that they can fly their Baron or Chieftain on one engine based on some local circuit work at unrepresentative light weight.
Level B does not give day take off and landing credits, but this particular certificate is silent on the night credits. From that one could deduce that it also covers a full Class endorsement except for the day take off and landing requirements.
I am told that there is a KIng Air Level D device on the Sunshine Coast, but have not seen it.

Does this help?