PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS 350: "Hold my beer son and watch this!"
Old 13th Jul 2018, 16:13
76fan

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Crab quotes:

"I am looking at it from a career of 35 years of military flying that includes a great deal of low flying, fighter evasion, air combat manoeuvring and other similar disciplines so in that context a simple wingover really isn't a big deal.
If all you do is fly straight and level from A to B with pax at a safe height then it probably looks horrendous and seems the most heinous crime to fly such a manoeuvre.
Apart from anything else - it looks like fun - because it is - something that seems to be progressively legislated out of aviation."

and now......"the crews he was working with may well ask for this type of flying."

No matter how brilliant you try to tell us you were in the military (and I have no idea whether you were or not) it cannot have left you with much time in the civil helicopter world. I would therefore suggest that you are inexperienced in civil aviation and that there is no place for you or your cowboy attitude in commercial professional helicopter operations. The legislation to which you referred is there to try to stop stupid behaviour, and your latest comment ignores the commercial/owner pressure which has often been put on commercial helicopter pilots and which has subsequently led to fatal accidents.

The "right stuff" required in the military is not the same as the "right stuff" needed in commercial aviation.

Now go and willy wave somewhere else. (Sorry, I could only take so much self esteem)

Last edited by 76fan; 13th Jul 2018 at 18:37.