PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security at LHR... A true story?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2003, 02:30
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder what the crews of the 4 aircraft concerned in the Sept 11th incidents would have had to say about all this?
So you are a pilot..or cabin crew? what the hell do you need a leatherman for on a flight deck? Is it really nessesery to carry a metal knife and fork? OK they may use them in Harrods, but face facts everyone else on the flight manages with plastic.
Verious posts have pointed out that the D of T (or whatever its called this week) invent the rules. The Security staff have to interpret them, its not thier fault and if they c*** up then they can look forward to a trip to the local job centre at best and are responsible for something rather nasty at worst.
Think about this sensibly, if there is a blanket rule, everyone complies with then less grief is caused all round at the search area. Remember all the petty stupidity from proffessional pilots over police being allowed though with weapons they are legaly entitled to carry?
Yes Security at airports sometimes do take things a little far, the toy handcuffs being a good example, but as I say they have to rules to which they are bound. If its any consolation, I can remember BAA refusing to allow a child to take a water pistol in the cabin. Silly? Yes in a way, until you have experienced the joys of being squirted with a water pistol full of lemon juice in the face.