PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Go Fly Oxford
Thread: Go Fly Oxford
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2018, 22:28
skyblue85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The instructors are very professional and friendly. However, due to the lack of availability of aircraft and of instructors it has recently proved difficult to get lessons, which has been frustrating when the weather has been good. In addition, there seems to be a general bias over the Oxford site rather than Hinton in the last few months, given that Oxford is developing into the main commercial base. When lessons can be obtained they have been with a variety of instructors which has sometimes resulted in duplication. I would not go as far as to say do not do your PPL with Gofly. However, I would suggest doing adequate research before committing to anything with them, to ensure they can provide what is promised and live up to expectations, especially if flying from the Hinton base.

I was planning to do the CPL course and hour building with them. However, due to recent scheduling/resourcing/plane issues which have not been handled very well, I am considering doing the remaining part of my PPL at another larger school and pursuing flying somewhere else.