PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 12th Jul 2018, 12:16
tech log

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only bidding system related stuff I've seen relates to swapping duties/leave bidding.

Is there a roster bidding system? Avoid early starts? Avoid 4 sector days? That kind of thing.

Would a DE A320 TR F/O have to enter as an SO or would it be straight to the FO scale? Which I assess to be about 390k QR p/a including flight pay and excluding housing allowance and any pension/investment contributions.

I presume not far off 90hrs a month? Is it a random pattern or fixed i.e. 5 on 4 off? Before the blockade (and after) I'd expect double Dubai's/2 sector eastern Europeans/East African/Gulf flights on the 319/320? I realise night time doesn't really mean anything in the gulf and off blocks at 0300L is not weird.

Fleet freeze for several years or internal options to change to 330/350/380?

Difficult jobs for the boys command process or fairly straightforward?

Training or checking? Local or expat TRIs? Play the game and curtsy to the training sky gods or good blokes?

Anyone know where on the QCAA site I can find their FTL regs? I presume not too dissimilar to EASA/FAA? Hard to find. I appreciate the blockade problem but discounting that, does Gulf ops see a lot of slots? Is discretion not unusual or unheard of? Days planned to close to max FDP or more realistic? Are people knackered?

FD - CC relations relaxed or very formal? Having experienced the ME before I understand the fear and blame culture. Crew rushing to report each other to advance careers.

What is the QR attitude to fatigue? A system in place to call in fatigued or unfit or sick non-punitively? FRMS system?

Hotels and transport ok? Is the flight pay/per diem part of the monthly or actually paid on the day? I suppose a lot of guys have those international debit cards that let you load lots of different currencies on them?

Crewing & flt ops easy/pleasant to deal with?

Standby survival rate? Presume 90 minute call out given Doha traffic?

Rigid OM-B with obsessive adherence to AP/ATHR and ILS or airmanship and visuals allowed?

PM's very much appreciated. Thanks. I suspect the response to some questions like frms and company morale may draw a chuckle!