PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Express
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2018, 12:02
bmw216gt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by icarus32
It looks like the environment in Hong Kong Express is not the best at this moment.

Maybe to avoid leading to a new mass cancelation of flights (again), they are refusing to provide their own pilots with the flight hours certificates required before you resign / join a new company. ( I am even not sure if this kind of policy is allowed ).

Anyway, be careful if you join Hong Kong Express, you might not be able to leave.

In regards to the upgrades: as far as I know, the initial promise was to upgrade around 24 FO's this year, and it looks like this number ATM is about 2 or 3 only, and all of them got extension of training when they check with their lunatic GMF.

I also heard that the upgrade policy is terrible, there is no training, only checking. And it looks like there is some kind of dispute with Airbus' manuals in their operational philosophy. Failing rate is high, about 80%. Some FO's are there for almost 10 years and still haven't had a chance for their upgrade. How is that possible? I don't know.

The rotation rate is very high, I knew a guy who stayed in HKE for less than a year, and another one that resigned during the training, they couldn't keep up with all the BS in there.

Good luck
Well surprised with such situation. Any firm facts on these? or merely rumours?