PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wijet
Thread: Wijet
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2018, 10:33
what next

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Luibar
Interesting. What about Globe Air?
I have never heard of Globe Air, but concerning this kind of question, Excel tends to be your friend. The Microsoft variant, not the one from Cessna. Get quotes (or collect internet wisdom) about things like leasing rates, insurances fees, hagarage/parking fees, fuel burn, hourly maintenance cost, engine programs, airway fees, landing/handling fees, catering (wasn't a free bottle of Champagne included in every Wijet flight?) etc. Next make an educated guess about how many pilots your operation requires per aircraft (remember that under European commercial regulations jets must be flown by 2 pilots at any time) to ensure 24/7 operation 365 days per year - or whatever you promise your clients - and think about what each pilot is going to cost you. Don't forget their training and the time spent on training instead of flying. Do the same thing for sales and dispatch and other office staff. Unless you own the office there will be rent to pay as well. Cleaning (also aircraft cleaning!). Don't forget to factor in some money for PR and general promotion (again, I have never heard of Globe Air so obviously they did not spend enough in that field!).
Put all those beautiful figures in your spreadsheet - including everything I have forgotten - allow for some days of downtime for each aircraft every year for whatever reason and the cost of chartering replacement aircraft (I meself have flown several subcharter sectors for Wijet which cost them a multiple of what the passengers paid for those flights!), and watch in amazement what you will have to charge your passengers to be profitable.