PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type rating Boeing 737 NG
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2018, 06:42
NamelessPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Hi,

As said above. Don't pay for your TR without a job. Mostly, even companies with self-paid TR will ask you to do it under their contracted training centre, because their pilots work there as instructors and It means for them that you'll be working under their OPS since the very beginning of your TR. The other side of the coin is, that you can pay for 737NG TR and you'll find a job on A320 with paid TR (now you've wasted 26000€).

At the end, If 737NG is your dream aircraft.. still DON'T DO IT! There're lots of topics saying to not look for your first job with an aircraft preference (737 vs A320 - for example). If you're a newborn fish in the pond like me, having 200HRS - just apply for some jobs and get the first one on the jet to move your career. After 2-3 years being a in some airline you'll be able to select what do you want, what do you prefer and what your wife thinks is the best for you .

I'm really sorry - I know This is an off-topic, but I'm trying to protect you. A friend of mine did this huge mistake with 737 TR and He hasn't been able to find a job on the front seat for the last 3 years.

Take care,
NamelessPilot