PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-2
Thread: Gatwick-2
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2018, 04:51
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll tell you what I do think. Over many years BAA and then Lhr after the split, has done a fantastic job at convincing this nation that they are full and that only Lhr should be expanded. I could go back 20+ years , probably more and recall going around in circles waiting to land. I can recall waiting 20+ minutes to take off. So what has changed? A previous poster mentioned churn, name some airlines who have left Lhr and where slots have become available, not one or two but a decent number. There has been a lot of new services announced recently to China, where have all the slots come from?

Many of you come on here and joke about Lgw being the waiting room for Lhr and rejoice when a service leaves Lgw to move to Lhr. You want Lhr expanded, not Lgw. Lhr, one of the most expansive airports to fly through in the world and that is the solution you prefer. An expansion that in terms of cost is beyond belief, where will that take charges? And this is your preferred solution? Do you believe the story about all the additional domestic services that will become available, without anyone asking which airline will want to fly those routes. Where will all these new long haul routes be to?

The greatest stitch up by the establishment in years, plenty to believe them and nobody prepared to ask Lhr" you have been claiming for years you are full, where does all these additional slots come from? Explain your meaning of full".

Personally I don't want to see what will be billions of our money spent on a project that you and I both know will never deliver on all the promises made, because they have no idea what will happen. Lhr is almost in a monopoly situation and in any other business you would be protesting. Here Lhr supporters seem quite happy to sign up to higher fares for life. Amazing.