PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sling loading aeroplanes
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2018, 21:57
Aesir

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by Lascaille
You really were there? Dude... (Not intended as any sort of accusation!).

This was really a serviceable aircraft?

This just seems iffy as anything.

It was picked up from a normal position and then inverted? Nosed down? What supported the aircraft during the inversion, the leading edge of the wing? It would seem feasible to lift it from the gear alone and let the tail drop, but what manufacturer would confirm that an aircraft can hang inverted from its gear?

Inverting it beforehand - probably needing two cranes - seems viable but then what? 'Dear Cessna, we have inverted our C206 for reasons. Please advise as to where we should place the jackstands. Urgently.'

I'd love to hear this story.

Haha... well I really did not expect anyone to think that we actually inverted the airplane to transport it but I can see how that could happen. Sorry that I was not clear in my post and I sincerely hope no one else will consider doing that. But seriously the airplane had crashed and was totally wrecked and will never fly again and that was the position we found it in. The accident investigation board asked us to transport to better suitable area for ground transport after doing a preliminary inspection althoygh the cause of the accident was pretty straightforward case of mismanagement of fuel tanks.

But it sure did behave pretty nicely upside down under the helicopter