PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2018, 21:09
AirportPlanner1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Barling Magna
Well, er, it seems straightforward enough i.e. a good passenger load on that particular rotation? Or am I missing something too?
I’d say generally on the up, that is my point. The route had a lot of vocal doubters when it was announced including myself. But then I got a new job which necessitated a lot of travel to Manchester, and I’ve ended up using it quite a bit.

Aside from a blip a couple of weeks back counciding with an England World Cup match when there were just 10 of us, my recent loads in both directions have been between 35-50. While this isn’t setting the world alight, it’s a lot better than people expected and far better than I experienced in the earlier days when less than 10 was common and more than 25 rare.

The other interesting thing is people are connecting through SEN, including it seems MAN-SEN-GLA. Why you’d do that I’m not sure, but there you go.

That is anecdotal evidence and feedback that may be of interest to some on here, if it doesn’t bother you then just move on.