PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Sues For Forced Retirement
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2018, 14:07
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 435 Likes on 229 Posts
I'm only guessing, but those that need to work beyond 65 (or even 55, realistically) are probably those who played away on a night stop, knocked up some poor cabin crew lassie with questionable taste, and are now paying for an expensive divorce. The younger generation should not be paying for your foolishness!
It's a bad guess!

I'm still with my original wife, and we've been together forty five years now. Like it or not, life is a long term competition, despite what the lefties made later generations think at school on non-competitive sports days where every child must be a winner!

Once my pension pot is big enough (if ever), becomes available and I can afford to live on my savings without going to work, I will. I can't wait to make up for countless nights lost to detachments, overnight stops, long days, extremely short nights, missed meals, etc etc. Not to mention countless family occasions I've not been around for. As soon as I can, I'll happily sod off to tinker around in my garden and muck about mending old motorbikes.

Blame successive governments for moving the retirement goalposts by knocking the state pension back, one year for me but a ridiculous six years for my wife at a time of life when there is little to be done except carry on working or rob a bank. Unfortunately, the banks seem to be better at robbing us than vice versa.