PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2018, 10:35
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets face it, all here are airport supporters, we either work in aviation, have worked in aviation, use the airport as a passenger or are just passionate about airports, aircraft and flying in general. I think I tick most of those boxes but I can also see the dangers and am not blinded by the wish to destroy places that were created to act as public spaces and parks.

This appeared on a facebook page about our park

From the House of Commons Communities and Local Government Committee on the value and threats to local parks.

"Parks and green spaces are treasured assets and are often central to the lives of their communities. They provide opportunities for leisure, relaxation and exercise, but are also fundamental to community cohesion, physical and mental health and wellbeing, biodiversity, climate change mitigation, and local economic growth"

"Parks and green spaces matter. They make a vital contribution to many of our most important strategic objectives, such as climate change mitigation, public health and community integration. However parks are at a tipping point, and failure to match their value and the contribution they make with the resources they need to be sustained could have severe consequences. We believe that our recommendations will help to ensure that parks receive the priority they deserve, and to prevent a period of decline"