PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS 350: "Hold my beer son and watch this!"
Old 10th Jul 2018, 08:24
AAKEE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Quote:
Airbus forbids aerobatic manoeuvres in their RFM
Originally Posted by [email protected]
but why? It isn't because the aircraft isn't capable, as FED points out,
That should be easy ro sort out; certification requirements. I’m quite sure that there is no category for other than ”normal” in FAR27. Aerobatic category wount be find there, I guess. I dont know but I guess the FM for large transportation fixed wing aircraft (FAR25) also need to have the ”Aerobatic manouvers prohibited”
For the record, if my memory don’t fail, even the civil standard RFM för Bo105 says aerobatic manouvers prohibited. Thats not a ’capable’ issue but certification.
The military authorithies that did produce a own Flight Manual might have left that part out of the manual.

As said before, the normal regulations doesnt cover aerobatics with standard helos, which means the helo isnt certified and the pilot is not (per definition) trained and capable of such manouvers. That makes it illegal.
Also said before it doesnt need to be unsafe. The aviation authority might/would/have-to say its unsafe if a mil trained Bo105 pilot performs the manouvers he is trained on in a civil Bo105 without the proper approval.