PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2018, 06:38
IsDon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by angryrat
Don’t forget the 744 had an unnecessary RIN at the same time as the 767 which complicated things even more. Within 6 months of the RIN starting they were investigating if they could stop the 744 RIN because they were now short on the 744.

From a hazy memory, they could have most likely accommodated all but a handful from the 767 on the 330 if they followed the rules and were looking to use the paragraph quoted by Isdon to accommodate all. The 744 RIN came out of left field. The whole RIN and what we have today is and was a c*ck up.
That’s correct AR I remember the hand wringing. There was also a superfluous RIN on the 380 in recent history.

There’s one thing we can all agree on. A RIN process will always be a c0ck up. After every RIN I’ve seen, those left on the fleet ended up flying high divisors, no leave and riot claused. They are just incapable of managing the process.

Without doubt the root cause of this whole debacle has been short term thinking. Unfortunately that’s what you have with a siloed business model full of empires looking to knife another empire at every opportunity. Each empire only cares about this months KPIs and associated bonus. There also seems to be no scope to learn lessons from the past. Those that fail to learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

HR are, without doubt, the biggest promoters of this system and present management don’t have the knowledge, skill set, or intestinal fortitude to wrest control from these industrial parasites and actually do what they’re getting paid handsomely for. Running the business for now, and for the future. Planning in advance for things like a pilot shortage and associated training and managing it in good time to avoid the situation we’re now faced with. As I said before, the evidence was always there. The pilots have been screaming at them for years to pull their collective heads from their respective rectums and get ahead of the curve. No. Taking advice is a sign of weakness that won’t be tolerated. There’ll be none of that.