PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2018, 04:58
IsDon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Potsie Weber
I think a big issue was the 737 "A" pilots. The move was initially to say the RIN was outside the relevance of the Integration Agreement and that 767 pilots could just be moved to the 330 . The 737 pilots were having none of that, arguing the Integration Award must be considered and any positions on the 330 as a result of 767 retirement, should go to "A" pilots first as there was to be an increase in domestic A330 flying. The 737 pilots were also worried about it being used to "park" surplus pilots, being the cheapest fleet to carry a surplus. This complicated the RIN like never before.
I do recall that A list issue as a complicating factor and I’ll admit I’m no expert on the integration agreement. That said, the A list issue was never going to be a factor. Certainly all of the F/Os were below the Y so it was never going to come into play with us. Given most of the A pilots are in their own special squirrel cage group, permanently stuck at the apex of the 330 Captain seniority list then I suggest that any A lister who wanted a 330 Command was probably already there. Any promulgated 330 commands would have been junior to the special ones anyway.

No comment on the merit or otherwise of this arrangement intended as it never effected me.

The fact is it’s been done before the 767 RIN. It’s been done since. The facility exists. I’ll bet if the company could go back and do the RIN again it would. Differently. It would have solved a lot of problems.