PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2018, 21:24
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ExpectmorePayless
Wasn't Wigmore Park, the natural beauty everybody is getting so heated about, a council waste tip a few years ago. Grass and trees were planted to cover landfill. It's not exactly an area of outstanding natural beauty. More likely some grumpy dog owners upset they'll have to find somewhere else for their prize pooch to cr@p.
Take a look at the photo and what do you see??? Much of the land was a former rubbish tip but it was capped and allowed to return to nature. Much of the site was awarded county wildlife status which is a rare award.

Plane spotter Lee Baker Street wrote

Today I attended the Airport Consultation and one factor that sticks out from the very knowlegable persons present was that the development will be considerate to the environment. The airport development will have my undisputed agreement for growth!
Sorry Lee but the guys were only knowledgeable in your eyes because you are so ignorant. If you think an airport is considerate to the environment then you have lost the plot. As I said before I would support controlled limited growth but with the access road to terminal 2 linking up with New Airport Way, which is completely gridlocked in the morning how do you think the passengers are going to get to the second terminal when they will use the same road. Even the planning inspector has questioned the road capacity and that was for a business park and not a 20 million passenger terminal.