PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OMA and part C company route and aerodrome manuals
Old 9th Jul 2018, 19:19
Journey Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ikaros1
Opening a discusion to all aviators concerned for ideas views and personnal opinions as per the above exceptionally safety importand part,how can be a really valuable tool for all where invaluable information can be aquired to keep this up to date current and comrehensuve tool for proffessional preparation advise warning e.t.c and not just another must have i addition to many other purelly for the beaurocracy that is created bacause at the end of the day Aviators are becoming Lawyers
As Fluke says, it seems OM A and OM C are becoming less and less useful outside of scheduled commercial operators who have the luxury of expanding a route structure in a controlled manner. OM A is regularly failing in giving very basic direction to crew in one operation I know of. OM C is not worth the bandwidth it's updated over with little to no useful information available. Most Cat C airfields are relegated to just giving a few reasons as to why they are categorised as a Cat C airfield i.e. "mountainous". Unfortunately what could be a fantastic tool is now just a way to tick off a requirement to say the crew could self-brief.

The flip side - are you volunteering to get stuck in and write sections of the OM C? Most non-scheduled operators have an enormous lack of manpower. Don't like it? Get involved and fix it!