PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2018, 17:32
roverman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RAS_2001
LAX yes Dublin are very strong heading west, but you cannot deny the fact that we have sustain direct flights to places such as IAH and SEA, of which would've seemed obsurred just over a decade ago. I can also see a lot of opportunities for Manchester looking west. Two possible destinations in my opinion would be the resumption of Washington and maybe somewhere like San Jose and San Diego, two very popular destinations, especially in the summer months. So I cannot see why Man could not sustain 3 or 4 flights a week to those destinations a week.
As a priority we could do with seeing primary cities like Los Angeles and Boston with a year round and preferably daily service rather than scatter gun service to secondary holiday destinations. Washington needs a daily year round as the US capital. Chicago is now a short season service and must be in the 'at risk' category. It's a shame that VS and MT can't somehow avoid flying to BOS and SFO on the same days at the same time, leaving gaping holes in the services across the week. The same is going to happen with LAX next year.
Taken overall though, MAN's US offering is a leap on from where it was 5 years ago.