PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2018, 16:44
Lee Baker Street

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future LuToN

Originally Posted by LTNman
Looking at the photo in the previous post is a joy to my eyes. The proposed replacement park is a treeless farmers field that is not even in Bedfordshire but in Hertfordshire. For those that want unlimited expansion at Luton there is always a price to pay. Yes I moved close to an airport that has been around for 80 years but I also moved close to major park that has a County Wildlife Site within it that could now disappear under terminal 2. There was no consultation over the ownership of the park, it was just handed over in a secret deal a few years ago and then kept quiet.

I might be LTNman and pro airport but I can see the bigger picture and it stinks. Sorry the price is too high so I will be objecting to any expansion outside the airports own boundary.

Also the cost will be over £1 billion, with LLAL borrowing the money from the council who will borrow the money from someone else. It could all go wrong but then greed often does.
What an absolute load of rubbish I have ever heard from LTNman in all these years!
Firstly I remember viewing the new (but then not completed) development at Wigmore back in the late 1980's. The so called park he talks about is in fact a former dump! The land is vast and if you walk amongst another 5 or 6 dog walkers (you are more than likely to see at any given time) you are more likely to experience feral youths not insured and with no helmets riding up and down on delapidated motor bikes over the VASTLY underused terrain! Anyone who has lived in Luton for many years will know that Wigmore and its associated so called wildlife park was in fact just farmers fields!

Today I attended the Airport Consultation and one factor that sticks out from the very knowlegable persons present was that the development will be considerate to the environment. The airport development will have my undisputed agreement for growth!