PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2018, 15:28
Potsie Weber

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by IsDon

To make matters worse they were told, time and again, that they needed to start training/recruiting yesterday by AIPA and just about any pilot with a pulse. They ended up being about two years late.

Instead of taking this as a recommendation, it was taken by IR/HR as being a turf war. Out of spite, and in classic “don’t tell me, I know boats” moment they decided to do it all on their schedule, no doubt banking KPI bonuses as they did so.

When the 767 was retired, there was an initial intention to place all of the surplus crew from the 767 onto the A330 in rank. No demotions, conversions only to promote again two years later, another conversion. Hold a surplus on the 330 in the short term knowing the tsunami of training we’re seeing now was just around the corner. It was obvious to anyone with their eyes open. This simple act would have saved a vast percentage of the training problem. Did it happen? Of course not. All of the 767 crew myself included, have now been through a demotion, a conversion course (380 in my case), three years atrophied, a conversion (787) and subsequent promotion. It’s like an episode of Keystone Cops.

Make no mistake. This is all down to the arrogant, ignorant parasites that call themselves Human Resources. Their ignorance laid bare for all to see.

Who picks up the pieces? Us of course. Max divisors, no leave, riot clauses. I feel a headache coming on. Might even prevent my next pattern.

Oh for F's sake, spare me the altruistic warped history!

Plenty of pilots on the 737 had seniority in excess of many 767 pilots for A330 slots/bases and had done so for eon's longer. So you think you should have been "extra specially" bumped up the seniority list to your favored rank/base just to save the company a few bucks? FFS! The fact is, the vast majority, if not all, of 767 pilots that were demoted, was via their own volition. They would not accept the same rank on 737 or worst case, a change in base and the 737. As I recall, there was one annual bid allocation after the 767 retirement was announced, where all but the very most junior, if not all, 767 pilots would have been able to keep their rank, albeit not base. Bit a few on the arse as it came to play! but as Anand Sheela would say, Tough Titties!

Last edited by Potsie Weber; 9th Jul 2018 at 15:49.