PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart PNG Theory
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2018, 23:51
David Billings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@CONSO:

That "Solver" method sounds as if it could be harder work than doing it by my "manual" MS Excel method where I can bury formulae in the cells and run actual equation checks every so often just to make sure I'm in the ball park of where the Radio transmissons and timings are.... Very interesting if the Solver comes up with what i have though !

@propertee64:

The tabulation that I put into the website is not the actual working file of the "MS Excel" method, if that was printed ipn A4 sheets of paper it would run for about 30 pages, the one i have on the website is a MS Word "contraction" of the results from Excel and is for 14,700 lbs AUW. I have also done a 15,000 lb AUX MS Excel file. You might say, "Why do that because if she can get back to East New Britain on a fuel load of 1100 gallons, surely she would be able to get back with another 300 lbs of gas (51 USG) ? It doesn't work that way though, the extra 300 lbs of gas has to be 'carried' all the way out into the Pacific which means a slight power increase requirement to get it there.....

The Weekend Australian article:

I am told the Earhart article about our project and efforts is to be printed in this weekend's edition of The Australian newspaper, i.e: on Saturday 14th July.