PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2018, 15:30
SecondDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kildress
SecondDog, my post had no Purpose, as such. I merely wanted to understand how BFS could deserve at least one TATL flight.
How do I drop someone off (safely) at BFS without paying at least £1?
My overall, generally varied experience, is that BFS security is significantly slower than DUB but accept that either can have good and/or bad moments.
My experience of US pre-clearance at DUB has generally been very good although I accept there are (foreseeable) busy times, but it is always better than US Immigration & Customs in the US; I am convinced that the Agents mellow a little in Dublin!
As to why they 'deserve it' I see your question as a clinical one and understand your point. If you bring the/a situational analysis into the combination of whole island marketing and the decision makers origins (along with the island being governed by 2 states with varying levels of support towards their respective aviation centrepieces) I can understand how someone could think that BFS 'deserves' the aforementioned. They have put a lot of work in.

Unless something has changed recently, 10 minutes free in the Long stay (which is surprisingly close to the terminal) whether this is affected by the park being full or not might be a question....

I take your point about ups and downs (and BFS gets massive coverage when the lows occur but media gamesmanship is a different story) but having watched the process several times, I think reports of permanent disaster are highly designed by the social media style comentators who in my view blight modern society..