PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA obesity protocol
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2018, 06:39
tescoapp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guidance for medical certification of professional pilots | UK Civil Aviation Authority

For all the different standards

Metabolic and then obesity

Metabolic and endocrinology guidance material GM | UK Civil Aviation Authority

And info sheet for pilots is there 3rd box down in the guidance.

The EASA is minimum standard the NAA's can issue there own more restrictive protocol. I can't find the EASA stuff it will be in Med somewhere but its a by the by if the UK caa has decided it wants a stress test or more.

As I said you must be quiet young other wise you get the sleep stuff and diabetes stuff as well.

Like it or not your going to have to get down to sub 35 BMI for them to leave you alone.

Don't take it personally when I started out 17 years ago now there was a short arse bodybuilding trainee pilot who was given the same treatment and he had a six pack. Strangely enough he had high cholesterol and copped a load of additional tests because of that.

I am a bit of a chuffer myself, I got below 35 by ditching carbs, have bacon and eggs for breakfast, ditched bread, root vegies, rice. No potatoes. Strange thing is when I started avoiding the previous I didn't have any cravings for food through out the day. Keep some beef jerky in my flight bag and some celery for snacks. The celery tends to do the job for snacks. Proper meal, still a big lump of meat and veg of the above ground type. Don't miss bread or potatoes to be honest. Had a MacDonalds a month after I started it and was ill for days which taught me a lot. Still have a dirty Donner kebab occasionally with no ill effects. Chicken wrap instead of chicken Baguette. Anyway the long short of it was 10kg gone in 3 months without really trying.

Please don't take the above comments on what worked for me, personally. I am just trying to give you a method that worked for me which really didn't feel like a diet and has been zero effort continuing. The low carb breakfast I suspect is the key because I just don't crave more carbs during the day until I eat bread or the like, then the cycle starts of feeling hungry every 2 hours or so.