PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So is it worth training to be an ATC?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2018, 20:42
alfaman

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian 48nav
alfaman, my remark re validating was tongue in cheek of course - like you I get p1ssed-off with people who seem to think the only folk who should apply for jobs in aviation are from the spotting fraternity. My No2 son had never shown any interest in aviation, but has now been valid at TC for nigh-on 20 years including being an OJTI,LCE etc - in fact one of his mentors described him as the best trainee they'd ever had. I've still never seen him read an aviation mag' or book.
Ah, fair enough, got you now, apologies - I suspect I've met him on my travels then, in one way or another, . I can think of a couple who might match that description - & I guess MATS Pt1/2 are not really aviation books...

For AyrTC; They may have taken one from the last Global drop, can't recall; they have a couple of ROVIs from the CTC, who are supposedly above the compliment, so it's possible they're OK for now, but it's a fluid situation. I think I recall an external advert specifically for Farnborough a couple of months back, too, think a couple applied for that. Their validation mix is pretty good, I think, which gives them some flexibility others don't have. I know of at least one holding Trainee who would love to find themselves there, but we know how that works...