PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wide Body Time
Thread: Wide Body Time
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2018, 17:59
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never heard a single soul try and "convince you it takes a superhuman effort to fly big aircraft". Ever. Sounds like an overly-sensitive narrowbody pilot talking perceived slights, to me.

What is incontrovertible is that the loss of a widebody hull is far more costly in human and financial capital than that of a smaller machine. That is not to diminish the loss of ANY life, but simply underscores the difference in scale of operations. The potential for loss is far greater with more lives and more expensive equipment, and the scale of compensation is to match the responsibility of managing a larger operation and larger risk, nothing more.

Debate all you want over which is more "difficult", it's irrelevant. And if you're chafing because you you haven't gotten your widebody command yet and you feel you deserve it because it's just as "easy" as rockin' the 737/320 or a turboprop, you've missed the point entirely and need to read Glider7's post closely. Spot on.

The quality of pilots I've met over my entire career has been determined far more by their attitude than what they flew previously.