PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2018, 17:01
kildress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7 mins at mid day would be a fair comparison with BFS. You are at risk of misframing your comparison with busy spells for the purpose of your post. You don't have to spend anything to drop off at BFS either but they are far from the worst with regard to drop off charges. Have you seen the price at Manchester for those who want to drop off right in front?? As for US preclearance, I have heard horror stories of queue times there too. I was in DUB T1 for morning departures recently and the security queue was back to the boarding card scanners there too. Everywhere is just busy and passengers are not helping themselves...
SecondDog, my post had no Purpose, as such. I merely wanted to understand how BFS could deserve at least one TATL flight.
How do I drop someone off (safely) at BFS without paying at least £1?
My overall, generally varied experience, is that BFS security is significantly slower than DUB but accept that either can have good and/or bad moments.
My experience of US pre-clearance at DUB has generally been very good although I accept there are (foreseeable) busy times, but it is always better than US Immigration & Customs in the US; I am convinced that the Agents mellow a little in Dublin!