PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Talk about waste.....
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2018, 11:47
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buster15
I am familiar with RAB. This only applies to serviceable stock.Once a part is declared un-serviceable, that part no longer attracts RAB. So what is so difficult about that.
Read the first line of the OP.

A friend in low places tells me the MoD is disposing of new, crated, Tornado engines;
As to lack of Ti, the stuff needs to be reprocessed. It costs a fortune as needs to be done either using electric furnace or dumped in the existing melt and needs an inert atmosphere. It will also have been chemically doped for its particular role. So no quite as simple as you believe. You cant throw reclaimed Ti doped for engine use into a wing spar for example. This is why typically virgin material needs to be used. Reclaiming Ti is a massively expensive operation.

As per always, daily mailesque rants dont usually stand the test of the real world and why there are a load of swivel eyed loons in the conservative cabinet currently scurrying off with their tails between their legs.

I would pay good money to get a first stage fan off of one to convert to a glass topped coffee table though.

http://intrepid-design.co.uk/aviatio...-gallery.html#