PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Talk about waste.....
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2018, 10:20
Buster15

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by paco
A friend in low places tells me the MoD is disposing of new, crated, Tornado engines; tipping them into skips and paying for their disposal rather than receiving payment for the high grade recyclable metals used in their construction - I bet they'd 'sell' their old mobile telephones though!

Thus far, 30+ engines have been disposed of with a unit value of between £5-7 million!

The Tornados replacement, the F35s, have been flown once, in the hover - to satisfy the Brass no doubt - but are uncertain of their participation in the 100 Flypast on the 10th.

They've stripped out all the avionics from the F35s, binned them and are busy around the clock refitting them with new avionics in makeshift tents (hangars not yet finished) - what??

So where are the heads on a plate?

We don't need more taxes - just people in charge who know what they're doing!
Quite frankly I am appalled but not at all surprised. This is not only an unacceptable waste of public money but it is totally disrespectful to the people at Rolls-Royce Bristol who have worked at making the ROCET engine contact such a success.
Tornado and its RB199 engines have given excellent service to the RAF for almost 40 years (almost 40% of the life of the RAF) and this is no way to show such flagrant disregard to the equipment and people involved.
The MoD should be ashamed of themselves but probably don't care..