PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay iCadets from Aus - Feedback requested
Old 6th Jul 2018, 08:19
arse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few thoughts from a long time with CX (in no particular order):

You will be treated normally on the flight deck. If you are a dick, you will be treated like a dick. If you act professionally you will be treated accordingly. No need to call anyone SKIPPER in this airline.

The ONLY reason to come to CX would be for a few years of exploring the world. You would be highly unlikely to progress financially or professionally. Your stage of life would be a HUGE factor in making that decision. Single and unattached and young; give it a go and gamble you will be able to get a proper job at a later date. Married and slightly older; extremely marginal and most likely a bad decision. Married with kids and older than the late 20's; in the current environment, ... you would be a bloody idiot.

Looking only at the salary, and comparing it to what you currently earn is a BIG mistake. The overall cost of living is incredible.

I do fly with a few young folks who seem to enjoy it and are making the most of it. However, the number I fly with who are looking elsewhere, regretting their decision and are quite open about it, ... is staggering!

Also:

The airline is currently contracting. There are fewer pilots today than a year ago.

I would estimate a cadet joining today would be looking at five to seven years to upgrade. Optimistically 15+ years to command.

Cheers and good luck.

Last edited by arse; 6th Jul 2018 at 09:02.