PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - degree in ac maintenance engineering
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2003, 18:41
asheng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krystal n chips.

Like eng123 I also hold an aircraft engineering licence and like eng123 I would have no problems and in fact have had no problems working and teaching graduate engineers in the past.

Mostly these lads come from an educational enviroment and suddenly they are allowed to work on live aircraft but then they realise what a daunting experiance it can sometimes be and to help and assist them is now part of the job in todays day and age. I do the job because I enjoy it and it gives me satisfaction,even more so when you are supervising young people who want to learn and progress within our industry. Obviously there is a financial element to the job as well as its keeps me in a comfortable standard of living and I earn approximately the same as eng123 for my experiance,toils and "vocational Qualifacations" (just don't let the 185+ passengers know that these licences are just a vocational qualifacation as they might not want to fly. Not good for the companies business!).

One thing I cant quite get my Luddite brain around though and it puzzles me.

What makes you such an arrogant S**T and on what basis can you try and demean anyones qualifacations. By virtue of the fact that "wow" you hold a current licence and now you have elevated yourself to a higher being you now hold a degree. Many people have held views on the virtues of holding degrees/licences and I among them. The majority of these views can be gauged on these threads but by and large (even Ghegis included) we all accept that we all have a fundemental role to play in the aviation industry,but you seem to take arrogance to a new unfound level. Congratulations are due here.

Please when you fly with any airline again just remember that your aircraft is maintained by "Sun reading Luddites" and will be flown by someone holding another Vocational Qualifacation because you cant transfer a pilots licence to any other job either (Its not a prerequisite to becoming a brain surgeon yet) and the chances of you having a mishap are pretty remote because of these two types of professional people.

On the other hand you may wish to bring your offensive attitude
along to the company where I work and perhaps I myself could give you some instuction into the virtues of aircraft engineering that you may not have seen before. Let me know,send a PM if you wish. I would be more than happy to instruct/supervise you,a pleasure I am sure.

PS. I read the Telegraph and inside it I will leave you my payslip,It would be quite an experiance for you.We could invite Eng123 along if you!