PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Amesbury case is Novichok exposure
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2018, 09:42
A_Van

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by piesupper
Seems like the #RussianBogeyman story was losing steam as too many people are liking the World Cup and discovering Russians are real people too.

So time to drag up this fantasy again.
Anybody seen Julia Skripal recently?
Believe this and you will believe anything.
Sorry to be part of this off-topic, but I am just No. 6 :-)

This would look reasonable for Russophobes, but why ordinary English people are targeted now and not anybody explicitly linked to Russia? So, IMHO it looks like the source of this A-232 or -234 substance is in England. It is not so durable to remain deadly for many months in an open air. Versions that come to my mind:
  • Jack the Ripper is alive and turned from "mechanics" to chemistry. His policy to select victims is yet unknown.
  • "A Study in Scarlet" (by Arthur Conan Doyle): this second time the poison was purposed for somebody else and not for this couple.
Anyway, this second tragic accident proves that the previous case (with the Skrypals) looked a bit idiotic: if the (Russian) regime was behind, that man - Skrypal - would be in the bottom of the (long) target list. He spent enough time in prison, was released/exchanged and allowed to emigrate, did not knew anything else in addition to information already passed to his "hosts" long before. Lived a quiet life abroad, was not involved in any anti-Russian campaigns. There are tens (if not hundreds) of noisy anti-regime activists (most of them are just criminal elements that stole millions from Russia) who really irritate the (current) establishment. Thus, if the western provocateurs who poisoned the Skrypals had more brains, they would target somebody else. This makes me think that puppeteers thought that such a "fine tuning" was not necessary, any kind of victim would be enough to generate the required noise. And this was true. Maybe they do not bother this time, either. Any event could be linked to Russia - heat/frost, flood, traffic jams, etc.