PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - turkish airlines assessment
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2018, 08:45
nebojsar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is what you can expect, pro's and cons.

Apparently I was in very first group of candidates. We had 4 day screening process.

1 day - Group interview, simple interview with psychologist. Everything was recorded and simple task was given for us to write down
Than we had 1 on 1 interview with psychologist. On this part you simply have to be yourself and to take part in conversation.
After this session they informed immediately 3 out of 10 persons that they failed and they had to go home.

Document check was fast and easy - took 10 minutes and who followed requirements did not had any issues.
ICAO english test. Was done on computer, no examiner. Was quite straightforward.

2 day - Sim and interview. Interview was with captain and hr, simple questions like why turkish, do you like instrument flying, if you have family would you relocate, how do you see yourself in five years.
Sim was on FNPT simulator which reminds on B737. It's not a real 737 but some aproximation. Session was in two parts, first part traffic pattern, raw data, second part was standard
departure, inbound VOR than ILS aproach and landing. Also raw data, briefings should be done. One guy had to go home after this.

3 day - Full medical check. Very similar to initial Class I but to certain extent maybe even more strict. Very nice hospital, very professional.

4 day - DLR testing. I had it for a first time so I did not know what to expect. It is same test as tests received from them and with careful practice nice result can be achieved.
All of us failed so out of 10 people no one passed. We were coupled with certain number of local people and many of them failed, just maybe few passed.

So at the end DLR was breaking point for all. Some of people already done this test before and passed on some other places but here was not enough. So threshold is obviously quite high.

Pro's - It is first class experience, you have paid ticket to come to Istanbul, paid hotel and transfers, you really feel like respected professional

Con's - You get absolutely no information about further steps or what to expect if you pass everything (how much TR will cost, how it will be performed, when ) To much info hiding.
- You did all tests and checks and DLR as a last. According to DLR guide DLR should be done with minimum change in living environment and
here test was done after fly in, 3 days of different tests and stressful events and living in hotel which is not your everyday environment.
- Pass rate which is for my group 0, maybe we were to bad, better groups will come or DLR threshold set by Turkish is quite high.

Anyway all people going there I wish you best of luck and I hope you will pass so you can share maybe with us other details what we have missed.