PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Minister calls for pay increase for servicemen
Old 4th Jul 2018, 14:22
bunta130

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vin

Frankly I find it as upsetting as you......and consider the current constraints no way to treat loyal public servants, particularly after politicians received a 'galling' pay rise on the recommendation of a truly unfettered independent review body. Nevertheless, it is what it is.......

I agree with your point on family, and accept the figures you quote for airline pay; however, I am unconvinced that outflow from the Forces will increase at an alarming enough rate for those in power to be galvanised into meaningful activity (it would have to endanger capability sufficiently for those at the top to look bad/ineffective). A ballsy move might be to refuse/reduce equipment upgrades in order to remunerate the Forces' most important asset (yes, that 'tired old soundbite').....however, not sure if that would be possible even if we had leaders with such cojones.

It is dispiriting in every respect.......and why the AFPRB actually bother is beyond me - pointless activity and a waste of resources in both its research and the follow-up station visits