PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Minister calls for pay increase for servicemen
Old 4th Jul 2018, 14:07
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bunta130
Frankly, I think you will have to deal with another below-inflation 'rise'........effectively the nth pay reduction in a row. I feel for you all.....having departed last year.

It will be interesting to see if there is any further effect on retention - I suspect not, as better the devil you know, plus lock-ins..... Until the Leadership sees material change and suffers consequences, it is unlikely to engage beyond hand-wringing....
I think military aircrew outflow, particularly of the experienced sort who fall between the 70k flying pay FRI and not having accrued enough to warrant sticking around for PA, is about to go into turbo mode.

​​​​​Airline pay rise last 10 years has averaged 25% for those able to go in as SFO or even DEC. I find it all rather upsetting, alas, many will realise the only true loyalty worth working hard for is now your own family.

At a time they are about to pi$$ even more cash down the toilet on the NHS, I don't see how this will be recoverable for the forces. We will be reduced to a second rate air force whose primary role for The nation will be flying in medical supplies due the screw up that is BREXIT.