PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA tour for hour building
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2018, 13:49
Icodade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USA tour for hour building

Hello everyone,
I'm an italian student and next year I want to come in USA for my time building before start to study for the ATPL theory.
In order to visit different states and parks in US I had think to rent a plane and do a trip with it.
I love landscapes photograpy and so I will be very happy if I can plan and do a trip that includes Gran Canyon, Rocky Mountains and some other naturalistic scenarios.
Actually I'm current on PA-28 160hp and 180hp, for this trip I think that the 180hp is better.
I think to come in September becouse I red that is a great period to fly in the North.
The trip must be of 90 FH almost and I plan to do in 4 weeks

These are my questions:
1) Can anyone recomended me some flight school or plane rental for this purpose? I'll come from Italy but I don't know where I'll arrive if west or east coast, but east is more pratical.
2) Does anyone had ever done a similar trips?
3) There are a website where I can do a flight plan? In Italy we have this website there is something similar in US?
4) In order to avoid to buy dozens of charts is it possible to use only the Jeppesen app or is mandatory to have a fisical chart?

At the moment these was the only questions that I have, I'll appreciate all tips and tricks you will give me.