PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advise on FBO or school to get current in US
Old 4th Jul 2018, 13:20
340drvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You really need to be more specific as to where you'll be, the Northeast US still covers many flight schools/FBO's.
Yes, as a US citizen, you won't have to do a TSA security check, and as you said, for re-current training you wouldn't anyway.
A flight review and IPC can most likely be accomplished at most any FBO or school at any of dozens (or hundreds) of airports. The multi- time might would narrow it down, smaller facilities are less likely to have a twin in their fleet. I have no personal experience, but I've heard good things about Action flight school at Groton, KGON for multi training.
Though a larger airport may have more schools and aircraft, bear in mind, the busier the field, the more time you may spend taxiing and waiting in line with the (expensive) Hobbs meter ticking away.
So, what do you want to do? A small-town non-towered field might provide easy access and a friendly atmosphere, but airplane selection may be limited to a single older 172. A busy large flight school could have several options in their fleet, low-wing, high wing, new models with all glass, etc., but busier and less personal.
I'd start the search with a small radius from wherever you'll be staying (Boston, Bangor, Bronx, Baltimore??), and search out from there for the facility you want.