PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS 350: "Hold my beer son and watch this!"
Old 4th Jul 2018, 06:53
Bhutan_H130

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
BhutanH130 - it very much depends on your perspective as to how you view this 'stunt' - I don't know your experience or age but I am looking at it from a career of 35 years of military flying that includes a great deal of low flying, fighter evasion, air combat manoeuvring and other similar disciplines so in that context a simple wingover really isn't a big deal.

If all you do is fly straight and level from A to B with pax at a safe height then it probably looks horrendous and seems the most heinous crime to fly such a manoeuvre.

Apart from anything else - it looks like fun - because it is - something that seems to be progressively legislated out of aviation.
I will make this final comment on this matter.
With 35 years of military experience, one would expect a bit more maturity. If you are looking for fun, do it in your own time on your own machine and one that will not penalise later passengers or crew for the fun you had. You are wrong, you can have fun in aviation, but commercial aviation is not first supposed to be fun. It is firstly supposed to be safe. You more than most should know that rules and regulations are written in blood.