PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay iCadets from Aus - Feedback requested
Old 4th Jul 2018, 03:24
Kranz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EisE - thanks for the feedback. I am just assessing all my options. I'm late 30s looking to change career and working towards CPL. Whilst the "big shiny jet" isn't the end goal (I'd be happy to be an RA-Aus instructor for the remainder of my days) I still need to consider earnings to fund an established way of life (mortgage, raising kids, etc). Also, if I was to go the airline route - I don't want to be joining the bottom of a seniority list at, say, 45-50 years old. It seems like this is what would happen even with the CX iCadet scheme though by the suggestion that I'd probably want to jump ship at the earliest opportunity. Also, thank you for alerting me to the fact that P2X time is not of much value if choosing to apply to an alternative carrier. So in summary: Its expensive; the company has poor culture; the experienced pilots don't respect you; and, there's little prospect of getting a job with a different airline after the bond period.

I guess I'll stick with GA here in Aus - just need to find one that will have me with minimum hours whilst still offering some semblance of a salary that'll cover cost of living.