PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 05:15
flapsupboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nicoloriva737
Applied for Ryanair on 13/06/2018.
Email and phone call from CAE the day after to fix an interview for the 27th of June, so two days ago, and yesterday I got the email that I was successful!
I was also told they would book me into a type rating starting in August and now I am waiting for the phone call to know the exact details.

Since this forum was quite helpful I'd like to share my experience for people going to the interview in the future.

HR and Technical interview;
To prepare to the technical interview I revised directly from the ATPL books, I extrapolated as much questions as possible from this forum and I also bought a one month subscription from the website latestpilotjobs.com which basically contains questions both technical and from the HR that were asked to previous candidates.
As for me, I was initially asked a question from my resumé since I did a stage in a controlled tower when I was at the high school and so the assessor asked me what ATC is.
Then general questions such as;
- What type of navaids you had in the area where you did your training and what is the range of them
- Difference between rhumb line and great circle
- How does a thunderstorm create
- Why do we have MZFM
I didn't get any questions regarding the 737 and my previous multi-engine.

As for the HR interview it was basically a conversation regarding what I did in my life and basically for me it was about high school and flight school since I'm 19, why Ryanair, what do you see yourself in five years and that's it.

Simulator;
We flew out of Liverpool runway 27, WAL2T departure initially.
Remember to brief the SID and emergency before and after V1.
When I was PF I got an amended departure; climb straight ahead till 2nm after the ILS DME and then turn right heading 180°.
Then I was asked to to some turn, climb, descent acceleration and deceleration. At this point I was asked on which QDM I was and to intercept and track another QDM to eventually enter into the holding over LPL NDB.
Once in the hold SIM was frozen and I got a call from the cabin, it was severe smoke in the galley and at this point they want you to do FORDEC/DODAR and NITS.
We were then repositioned and asked both to determine position autonomously and then approach briefing followed by the ILS raw data.

When I was PM it was almost the same, only difference my partner had to fly standard SID.
They want good CRM in the cockpit so just brief what you are going to do (e.g. holding briefing, approach briefing) and when you are PM try to assist as much as possible your PM.
Are you 19 years old or you started training when you were 19 years?