PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Airport-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2018, 23:09
ECR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EI-BUD
Reflecting on the comments above re the BHD investment and facilitiy enhancements. In any commercial enterprise a sound business backs any investment, centainly for investment on this scale. So is there be business coming that we don't yet know about???

with regard to sun routes parking is a huge deterrent, very costly and prohibitively so. If they want to make BHD attractive they need to address the parking situation... putting tabs on.the IKEA parking place may have been detrimental to holiday traffic on sun routes. Potentially a strong business case for taking on such a facility and offering it to the long stay customer at 50% reduction over the current rate our being competitive to BFS, may just generate incremental revenue ...

EI-BUD
This is my most convenient airport, but personally speaking the parking charges are so exceptionally high do put me off using the airport and does mean when I'm comparing flight prices that I'm willing to pay a little more to fly from Belfast International as I can take the car, and don't have to rely on a bus a lift or a taxi. When the IKEA parking option was there I nearly always drove and most of my flights I would route through Belfast City.

Most of my trips are overnight or day trips, and at £34 for an overnight or £25 for a day trip the car parking is excessive. I do think that this has contributed to the failure routes like Brussels as car park pricing at this level kills the market for leisure travellers on a city break for a few days.

If there was an option of parking at no more than half the current prices, even if it was off site, I would definitely fly more from Belfast City and would park every time. As things stand I take fewer flights from there and I will very rarely park there.